Happy Leap Day! I hope you were able to take advantage of this extra day! I’ve been a little absent on the blog lately and I apologize for that, I’ve been getting extra busy at work again, more on that later this week. About a year ago almost exactly, I made a DIY batch of laundry detergent. I was sick of spending $8 or $9 on a bottle of laundry detergent at least every other month so turned to my good friend Pinterest for a solution. I mixed and matched a few of the recipes I found to create my own. We’ve been using this for over a year and it works great on all of our clothes!
- 1 Container Oxi Clean Free
- 1 55oz. Box Super Washing Soda
- 1 Fels Naptha Laundry Bar
- 1 Small Container Purex Scent Crystals
- 1 16oz Container Baking Soda
- Mix the above into a large container and be amazed at how long it will be before you need to buy laundry detergent again! 3 tbl per load of laundry will do the trick!
Now if I could find a good softener solution! I tried the vinegar and essential oil soaked rags but they just made our clothes smell way too much like vinegar! I would appreciate any recommendations!