Crafting & Cupcakery is celebrating 10,000 views! That’s right…10,000! That’s a big deal for me, especially considering that as of October the blog has been way on the back burner in my life! But it’s always remained and will continue to do so with at least a post here and there! I made these delicious Banana Bread Cupcakes to celebrate 10,000 views! Thanks for following!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup Milk
5 Tablespoons Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Butter, barely room temperature
1 cup Granulated Sugar (not Powdered Sugar!)
1) Since the icing has 2 steps, I’d start it first. So in a small saucepan, whisk flour into milk and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
2)Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
3) Then turn your attention to the cupcakes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5) Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix).
6) Add chopped walnuts and fold in.
7) Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups (I filled them up about 3/4 of the way full) and place in preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8) While the cupcakes are in the oven, go back to the icing and cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
9) Add the vanilla to the cooled milk/flour mixture. Then add the cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat until it all combines and resembles whipped cream.
NOTE: The milk/flour/vanilla mixture MUST be cooled before you add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
10) Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with frosting.
Recipe Derived from: A Cozy Kitchen