The recipe that follows makes the gosh darn tastiest Banana Bread Muffins that I have ever had in my entire life! Consider yourself warned. I can’t imagine a more perfect muffin to eat on Christmas morning or day, while spending time with family!
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 small very ripe bananas, smashed
1 tsp. vanilla1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- For the tops of the muffins:
- Mix together 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- 1/4 melted butter
1) Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or spray, or line with paper baking cups.
2) In medium bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar, the oil and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3) Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.
4) In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip muffin tops into melted butter, then into cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
Recipe derived from: Betty Crocker