Disclaimer: These are really cake pops, minus the pops. Anything that is round and covered in chocolate, I will call a truffle.
1 box spice cake mix
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 cup apple cider
1 container cream cheese frosting
1 ‘brick’ white almond bark
Chopped nuts to decorate
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine spice cake mix, apple sauce, apple cider and eggs in a large bowl.
2) Beat at medium speed for 45 seconds.
3) Place batter in a large cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
4) Let you cake cool completely. I let mine sit for 2 hours before moving on to the next step.
5) Crumble your cake into a large bowl. Add frosting.
6) Mix until combined.
7) Roll this ‘dough’ into small balls and place them on a large sheet of wax paper.
8) Melt your almond bark in the microwave. Microwave at intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between.
9) Dip your truffle balls into the melted almond bark using a large spoon.
10) Place on wax paper. Top with chopped nuts. Repeat with all of your truffle balls.
11) Let set for about an hour. Store in an air tight container in the fridge! Enjoy!