I cannot wait for fall. Sept. 22nd is the first day of Autumn and it cannot come soon enough for me. I love the foods, the smells, the activities, the scenery and all the other things that come with fall. Big sweatshirts, bonfires, scarves, cute boots, Halloween, scary movies, hot chai lattes and OH the baking that comes along with fall. Don’t get me wrong, I love the weather of summer but after two months of summer I am more than ready for fall! To settle my fall anxiety I decided to share one of my favorite treats from last fall. Caramel Apple Cake Pops!
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 package of caramels (14 ounces)
3 tablesppons milk
10 wooden craft sticks
3/4 chopped nuts, sprinkles or in my case SNICKERS!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 30 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
2) Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Combine applesauce, sugar, oil and egg in large bowl. Add flour mixture; stir until blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4’s of the way full.
3) Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to let cool completely.
4) Line baking sheet with wax paper; spray with cooking spray. Place toppings of your choice on a plate. Insert craft sticks into tops of 10 cupcakes.
5) Place unwrapped caramels and milk in a large bowl; microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Working with one at a time, hold cupcake over bowl and spoon caramel over cupcake, rotating until completely coated. Immediately roll in tops to coat, pressing to adhere. Stand cupcake on prepared baking sheet. Let stand 20 minutes or until set.
Note: If you want to make all 30 cupcakes into Caramel Apple Cake Pops, use three packages of caramels and 1/2 cup milk. I only made 15 and ate the rest throughout the week sans any frosting! Yummy little cinnamon muffins!
Recipe Derived from: The Cupcake Bible, available here http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-cupcake-bible-favorite-brand-name-recipes-editors/1030804156?cm_mmc=googlepla-_-book_5to14-_-q000000633-_-9781450810999&cm_mmca2=pla&ean=9781450810999&isbn=9781450810999&r=1