I have seen the Butterfinger Cupcake done several different ways, this way is a combination of several recipes I have seen. I decided to make the perfect Butterfinger cupcake for my boyfriend’s Dad’s birthday as he is a huge fan of Butterfingers. I made sure I made a few extra so my friends could sample them for me. I have made these cupcakes three times since because they are SO delicious.
1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix
1/2 C. oil
3/4 C. milk
1/2 C. sour cream
2 regular sized Butterfingers
1/4 C. creamy peanut butter
1 Container Vanilla Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Pour your cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, milk and sour cream.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners three fourths of the way full.
5. Bake your cupcakes for about 20 mins. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a cupcake and make sure it comes out clean to check if your cupcakes are done!
6. Unwrap your Butterfinger bars and microwave them for about 10 seconds. Using a knife, scrape each side of the Butterfinger to get the chocolate off. Use the orange insides and crush them. I put mine in a Ziploc bag and smashed them with the end of a spatula. A rolling pin would work better for this but I had to improvise!
7. Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter, vanilla frosting and the orange stuff from the Butterfinger bar.
8. Frost your cupcakes once they are cooled! Top with Butterfinger pieces if you wish!